Marcel Cenușa will no longer head Cahul district. A decision to this effect was taken by the Cahul District Council on Monday. In the same meeting, the Council dismissed Valentina Shevchenko from the post of deputy head of the district, IPN reports.
Valentina Shevchenko said she was dismissed because she opposed the distribution of public funds for implementing existing schemes. She urged the prosecutor of Cahul district to examine this case.
The councilors of the Party of Socialists, of which the two dismissed persons form part, left the meeting hall in protest.
Marcel Cenușa and another eight persons are investigated for passive corruption, active corruption and abuse of office. They are all suspected of causing over 1 million lei damage to the district budget following rigging of tender contests.
- Bomb scares at airport, Parliament, Government and other institutions
- Maia Sandu in Athens: We should be united so as to be able to cope with crises
- Number of graduates who passed Baccalaureate exams grew by 69
- Hotbed of COVID-19 at a refugee center in Chisinau
- Bomb threat at Chisinau International Airport