A lawyer was arrested on influence peddling charges. The suspect asked for €30,000 from a convict, saying that he can help this get rid of punishment through the appeals court, IPN reports.
According to the National Anticorruption Center, the lawyer said he can ask judges of the Balti Appeals Court to fully quash the conviction decision pronounced by the Drochia Court. It was the case of his client who was sentenced to nine years and ten months behind bars for swindle.
This way, under the control of the police, the lawyer was transmitted a first tranche of €5,000. To collect more evidence, searches were conducted on Tuesday in the lawyers’ office in Edineț town and in his car.
- Pace at which Association Agreement is implemented enabled Moldova to receive candidate status, opinions
- Andrei Spînu: Causes of Termoelectrica accident are investigated with SIS support
- Official exchange rate for date 26.11.2022
- Censure motion against justice minister turned down
- Constantin Borosan: Electricity consumption fell by 15% on corresponding period last year