The government will grant up to 10,000 lei in compensation for vendors migrating from patent-based retailing, which will no longer be an option from July 1.
Under the patent-based regime, small vendors engaging in retail at stalls, counters, kiosks and such paid a small annual sum for tax, but from July 1 they will have to choose a different tax regime, as the patents are scrapped.
The offered compensation could be used by vendors to buy and install cash registers with fiscal memory and related software. Other eligible expenses include commercial space upgrades, such as new furniture or construction materials to be used for renovation and design.
As of 31 December 2022, there were about 4,800 patent-holding retailers registered with the Fiscal Service.
- Speaker Grosu: I transmit our gratitude to all Romanians!
- Parliament names new CEC member
- 300 students took part in “Road of Money” event on Moldovan leu’s day
- Angela Caraman: Premier and President are not obliged to withdraw from office during campaign
- Octavian Armașu: Moldova has strengthened its independence through national currency