In the villages of Chioselia Rusă and Cotovscoe of the Autonomous Territorial Unit of Gagauzia, mayoral elections are not held today, while in Cealîc village in Taraclia district, the electors will not vote in local council elections because the candidates in these villages represented only the Chance Party and their registration as contenders was annulled by order of the Commission for Exceptional Situations, IPN reports.
“In another 45 localities, the voters will find by only one candidate for mayor on the ballot, while in 21 localities – only one aspirant for the post of local councilor,” said the chairwoman of the Central Election Commission Angelica Caraman.
For the current general local elections, there were registered 57,300 candidates for posts of mayor and local councilor. On Friday, the Commission for Exceptional Situations ordered to annul the registration of the election contenders put forward by the Chance Party. The stamp “withdrawn” will be put next to the name of this party’s candidates on the ballot.
Voting ends at 9 p.m.
- Speaker Grosu: I transmit our gratitude to all Romanians!
- Parliament names new CEC member
- 300 students took part in “Road of Money” event on Moldovan leu’s day
- Angela Caraman: Premier and President are not obliged to withdraw from office during campaign
- Octavian Armașu: Moldova has strengthened its independence through national currency