After two failed attempts to appoint Fadei Nagachevski deputy mayor by the decision of the Chisinau Municipal Council, mayor Ion Ceban signed the appointment order himself. The mayor said he did it on Monday and today the ex-minister of justice was presented to the staff in his new capacity, after he had familiarized himself with the cumulative information during two days, IPN reports.
“As I said on the very first day, I trust that Mister Nagachevski will manage to cope with all the challenges together with the team so as to defend the rights of the citizens and of Chisinau City. Fadei Nagachevski is well-known and he is a professional. I wish him success in achieving the objectives to develop the Chisinau City Hall,” said Ion Ceban.
Fadei Nagachevski was twice rejected as a candidate for deputy mayor by the Chisinau Municipal Council. In accordance with the legislation, in such cases the mayor has the right to name the deputy mayor by an order that is communicated to the Council. Nagachevski replaces Victor Chironda, who was dismissed in July.
- Bomb scares at airport, Parliament, Government and other institutions
- Maia Sandu in Athens: We should be united so as to be able to cope with crises
- Number of graduates who passed Baccalaureate exams grew by 69
- Hotbed of COVID-19 at a refugee center in Chisinau
- Bomb threat at Chisinau International Airport