The Chisinau City Hall imposed a moratorium on the issuing of any permissive documents for carrying out building works in the historical center of the city until April 1, 2022, mayor general of Chisinau Ion Ceban announced.
According to him, the moratorium will be in force until the Centru Zonal Urbanistic Plan is worked out. The plan is to be completed until 2022 if the local and central authorities ensure cooperation, IPN reports.
Ion Ceban noted that he was at the building site situated at the intersection of the streets Mitropolit Dosoftei and Serghei Lazo, where a building with six or maximum seven stories was to be erected, according to the issued documents. There is currently information that the real estate agent sells apartments on the eighth, ninth and tenths floors. Those in charge of the building site and a commercial director who came to the site could not explain exactly what they were building. Respectively, the mayor instructed to suspend the permissive documents until the situation is clarified.
Also, a meeting with builders, councilors, MPs and experts in the field will be called until the end of September to discuss and listen to all the positions. Shortly afterward, the City Hall will propose amendments to the legislation on construction works and deserted buildings.
- Vaccination against COVID-19 with third dose starts in Romania
- Official exchange rate for date 23.09.2021
- Maia Sandu discusses advancement of bilateral cooperation with Swiss counterpart
- Moldovan and Portuguese foreign affairs ministers met in New York
- Doctors: If number of COVID-19 cases increases, quarantine will be introduced