Trade between Moldova and Germany last year was slightly up compared to 2022. According to the results presented by the German-Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AHK Romania), total trade (imports + exports) increased by 5.3%, IPN reports.
The data taken by AHK Romania from the German Federal Statistical Office, Destatis, show that the volume of trade between the two states exceeded €871.2 million. Germany’s exports to Moldova amounted to €547.7 million (+2%), while imports amounted to €323.5 million (+11.4%).
“An increasing number of German companies are interested in Moldova as a location for business. There is potential for cooperation especially in the manufacturing and food industries, energy and trade,” said Sebastian Metz, General Manager and Member of the Board of Directors of AHK Romania.
The Republic of Moldova ranks 95th among Germany’s trading partners.
- Vadim Vieru: ECHR is to pronounce on another 30 cases referring to Transnistrian region
- IOM supports police to prevent trafficking in persons-related recruitment and exploitation committed online
- Edineț District Hospital equipped with mobile radiological unit thanks to Germany and IOM
- Accomplice of mayor of Boldurești identified
- Adrian Efros: We cannot restrict rights of citizens to ensure farmers’ right to protest