Over 8,000 voters in the municipality of Ungheni and almost as many in Cahul cast their ballots by 4 p.m. This is 29% of the voting-age people in Ungheni and over 27% of the voting-age citizens in Cahul. The election threshold was this way reached, IPN reports.
In Ungheni, the female voters represented over 56%. By age categories, the voters aged between 18 and 25 were the most active ones. The voters of this age bracket constitute 5.37% of all the eligible voters.
In the municipality of Cahul, the ratio of female voters to male voters was 57%:43%. The people aged between 18 and 25 voted in a proportion of 3.97%. The voters aged between 56 and 65 were the most active ones with a turnout of 24.85%.
Polls close at 9 p.m.
The threshold for local elections is 1/4 of the voting-eligible population.
- Pensions to be indexed by 6% in 2024
- Deoligarchization plan approved by Commission for European Integration
- Moldova and Romania agree to interconnect national energy and gas systems
- Japan offers Moldova a grant to support farmers
- Media literacy measures to fight disinformation discussed at regional forum in Chisinau