Ion Demian of Moldova won silver at the 2023 U23 World Wrestling Championship held in Albania, IPN reports.
He defeated Ukraine’s Denys Sahaliuk, Kazakhstan’s Nudraulet Bekenov, Abduljalil Shabanov of Azerbaijan and Andro Margishvili of Georgia. In the final of the 92 kg weight class, Ion Demian was defeated by Turkey’s Muhammed Gimri.
Moldova’s Radu Lefter also qualified for the final. He scored three victories in the 97 kg class, against Sergey Kozyrev, who was born in North Ossetia, Ukrainian of Georgian origin David Mchedlidze and India’s Sahil. In the final, Lefter will compete against Isaac Trumble of the U.S.
Vasile Diacon (74 kg) and Ivan Ichizli (86 kg) contended for bronze and lost to Naveen of India and, respectively, Arslan Bagaev who competes for Russia.
- Vulnerability degree to recipients of compensations assigned
- Man who appropriated 1.5 kg of gold and sold foreign apartment gets jail term
- Farmers protest on Ștefan cel Mare Blvd
- CMC to hold its first meeting Thursday
- Media Forum 2023: Disinformation doesn’t disappear and only changes dissemination channels