The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration received a batch of IT equipment from the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, represented in Chisinau by Francesca Bonelli. The donation comes at a crucial moment, when the MFAEI is intensifying its efforts to bring the Republic of Moldova into the European Union, said Nicu Popescu, Deputy Prime Minister/Minister of Foreign Affairs.
The equipment provided by UNHCR – including computers, headsets, telephones, monitors, printers and other IT devices, worth over 7.5 million lei – will support the MFAEI’s transition to a modern, strategic, diverse and secure communications portfolio. The donation will help in particular to modernize the Call Center which is at the service of citizens and sees an increasing number of calls, according to a press release from the Ministry.
“I am grateful to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees which, through the support offered to the Government, refugees, communities and host families, helped us to better manage the humanitarian crisis, to preserve social cohesion, to maintain peace and stability in our country”, Nicu Popescu remarked on the occasion of the donation.
- США объявили о введении санкций против Марины Таубер
- Vadim Vieru: ECHR is to pronounce on another 30 cases referring to Transnistrian region
- IOM supports police to prevent trafficking in persons-related recruitment and exploitation committed online
- Edineț District Hospital equipped with mobile radiological unit thanks to Germany and IOM
- Accomplice of mayor of Boldurești identified