The municipality of Chisinau has acquired 31,000 COVID-19 diagnostic tests that will be distribute to local education institutions for being used by teachers who haven’t got a vaccine yet. The vaccination rate among teachers in the municipality now stands at about 97%, IPN reports.
In the ordinary meeting of municipal services, caretaker head of the Social Assistance and Health Division Boris Gîlca said the tests were bought as a result of a public tender contest for 13 lei apiece. They will be delivered in about two weeks and will be then distributed to education institutions in Chisinau. These tests will be enough for a long period of time so that the teaching staff can do free tests. Until the tests are shipped, the school teachers can have tests at local medical associations.
The vaccination rate of about 97% among teacher is appropriate, but the unvaccinated teachers will have to further take tests, stated Boris Gîlca.
In another development, the local public administration announced that vaccination against seasonal influenza starts on November 1. The flu shot is administered free of charge after the family doctor makes a referral.
- Bomb scares at airport, Parliament, Government and other institutions
- Maia Sandu in Athens: We should be united so as to be able to cope with crises
- Number of graduates who passed Baccalaureate exams grew by 69
- Hotbed of COVID-19 at a refugee center in Chisinau
- Bomb threat at Chisinau International Airport