The Party of Socialists requested acting Prime Minister Aureliu Ciocoi to help the farmers affected by hail and heavy rain, IPN reports, quoting a press release of the PSRM.
MP Radu Mudreac, who heads the Parliament’s commission on agriculture and food industry and runs for MP on behalf of the Electoral Bloc of the Communists and the Socialists, said that he made a relevant request and submitted detailed information about the affected settlements to acting Prime Minister Aureliu Ciocoi so that the Government assesses the caused damage and the eventual assistance during five days. He noted that the Government can offer support to the farmers affected by drought from the Reserve Fund that now includes 28 million lei.
According to Radu Mudreac, the natural disasters of the past month, such as hail, torrential rain and high winds, caused considerable damage to the farmers in a number of districts. “Regrettably, everyone keeps silent and no one becomes involved. Those who defended the farmers consider that they already received political advantages and keep silent. The President keeps silent and the Government keeps silent, but people phone daily,” stated Radu Mudreac. He added that the Government didn’t present any information about the done damage or a strategy for compensating these famers.
- Slusari: If we do not subsidize agriculture, we will later invest in foreign agriculture
- Official exchange rate for date 18.06.2021
- Official exchange rate for date 17.06.2021
- CC pronounces on unconstitutionality of Election Code provisions
- Igor Grosu about post-electoral alliance: We will have to leave campaign angers aside