Sheriff reached the second qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League. After defeating Teuta 4-0 away, the team from Tiraspol beat at home the champion of Albania 1-0, IPN reports.
The only goal was scored by Adama Traore in the sixth minute. Ukrainian coach Yuri Vernydub used the following players: Athanasiadis, Cristiano, Arboleda, Dulanto (Radeljic 46), Julien, Thill, Kyabou, Luvannor (Yansane 46), Traore (Bizjak 82), Castaneda (Zapata 71), Dago (Banda 60).
“I didn’t force things as, after the clear victory in the first leg, we had to save strength. At the same time, we also wanted a more spectacular football game as the spectators came to support us,” Yuri Vernydub told a news conference.
In the second qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League, Sheriff will play against the winner of the encounter between Alashkert and Connah’s Quay.
- Mihai Popșoi: Conditionality for EU disbursements resonate with our priorities
- Important announcement for persons who introduced units of transport into EEU
- European Commission offers Moldova €36m in grant money to fight consequences of pandemic
- Official exchange rate for date 15.09.2021
- Police officers will be selected more rigorously