Three Moldovan citizens who were put on the wanted list were located through Interpol and extradited to the Republic of Moldova, IPN reports, quoting the General Police Inspectorate.
A man aged 25 was extradited from Poland. He had been Interpol-wanted since 2019 for kidnapping a person by using a gun. The young man was brought to Moldova by plane and placed in Penitentiary No. 13 for serving time there. Kidnapping caries a jail term of six to ten years.
Another Moldovan aged 28 was extradited from Azerbaijan. In 2016, the man was sentenced to eight years in jail and put on the Interpol Red Notices for stealing golden jewels to the value of over 200,000 lei from homes in Soroca district.
In another case, a 37-year-old man was extradited from Hungary. He was put on the wanted list by the police in Râșcani district in 2018 for committing a number of robberies.
- Bomb scares at airport, Parliament, Government and other institutions
- Maia Sandu in Athens: We should be united so as to be able to cope with crises
- Number of graduates who passed Baccalaureate exams grew by 69
- Hotbed of COVID-19 at a refugee center in Chisinau
- Bomb threat at Chisinau International Airport