More than 20 hectares of barley and 30 hectares of wheat burned as a result of a vegetation fire in Anenii Noi district, not far from Calfa village. The operation to extinguish the fire lasted for about five hours, IPN reports.
The General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations said that a person called the 112 Service and informed that an extended area of dry vegetation caught fire. Owing to the wind, the fire spread swiftly to the fields. Six firefighting teams struggled to contain the fire.
About 50 hectares of barley and wheat and dry vegetation were destroyed by the fire.
Firefighters urge the population to strictly obey the fire safety rules, especially when the temperatures are high and humidity is at a low level. The citizens are urged to avoid using fire close to fields, forests and recreational places.
- Pensions to be indexed by 6% in 2024
- Deoligarchization plan approved by Commission for European Integration
- Moldova and Romania agree to interconnect national energy and gas systems
- Japan offers Moldova a grant to support farmers
- Media literacy measures to fight disinformation discussed at regional forum in Chisinau