President Maia Sandu on Friday convoked the Supreme Security Council (SSC) to discuss the situation in the justice sector. The press was not notified pf the Councill’s meeting. A press release was published on the website of the President’s Office in the evening, IPN reports.
The press release notes that the SSC addressed problems faced in the justice sector, especially corruption in the system. The topic was discussed in the context of the recently adopted National Security Strategy, which identifies corruption, including in the judiciary system, as a serious threat to state security and citizens.
Besides the SSC members, the meeting also involved members of the Superior Council of Magistracy, the Superior Council of Prosecutors, the Supreme Court of Justice and other representatives of the justice sector.
- США объявили о введении санкций против Марины Таубер
- Vadim Vieru: ECHR is to pronounce on another 30 cases referring to Transnistrian region
- IOM supports police to prevent trafficking in persons-related recruitment and exploitation committed online
- Edineț District Hospital equipped with mobile radiological unit thanks to Germany and IOM
- Accomplice of mayor of Boldurești identified