Two men died and another man was hurt when the minibus by which they travelled crashed into a truck on the Chisinau-Leușeni highway, near Iurceni village, last night, IPN reports.
The General Police Inspectorate said the truck driver aged 38 tried to illegally overtake a vehicle and collided head-on with a Volkswagen Crafter minibus that was towing a trailer.
As a result, the 42-year-old minibus driver and a passenger aged 40 died on the spot. Another passenger aged 39 was taken to the Nisporeni District Hospital with injuries.
Legal action was taken in this case. An investigation is underway.
- Pace at which Association Agreement is implemented enabled Moldova to receive candidate status, opinions
- Andrei Spînu: Causes of Termoelectrica accident are investigated with SIS support
- Official exchange rate for date 26.11.2022
- Censure motion against justice minister turned down
- Constantin Borosan: Electricity consumption fell by 15% on corresponding period last year