The Chisinau City Hall will offer by 100,000 lei in financial support to the families of the border police officer and security agent who were killed at the Chisinau International Airport as a result of an armed attack. Money will be allocated from the municipality’s reserve funds, IPN reports.
“We discussed with the colleagues and agreed to offer by 100,000 lei in financial support to each of the families from the reserve fund of the municipality of Chisinau,” mayor Ion Ceban posted on his Facebook page.
The attacker is a citizen of Tajikistan. On June 30, he arrived in Chisinau through Turkey and was banned entry into Moldova. When being accompanied to the sterile area for being sent back, the man grabbed the gun of a border police officer and killed two people, wounding the third. 31-year-old border police officer Sergei Muntean died. The victim served as deputy chief agent and had worked for the Border Police since 2011. The second victim is aviation security officer Igor Ciofu aged 40. No details were made public about the injured passenger. The attacker was captured, being wounded during the antiterrorist operation and is now under medical care.
- Speaker Grosu: I transmit our gratitude to all Romanians!
- Parliament names new CEC member
- 300 students took part in “Road of Money” event on Moldovan leu’s day
- Angela Caraman: Premier and President are not obliged to withdraw from office during campaign
- Octavian Armașu: Moldova has strengthened its independence through national currency