During one week, the price of gasoline “95” grew by 1 leu. For May 12, the National Agency for Energy Regulation set a price ceiling of 28.95 lei per liter of gasoline, up 0.17 lei on Wednesday, May 11. The price of diesel fuel also rises. The ceiling for this was set at 27.84 lei per liter, IPN reports.
The Agency noted that the latest increase in fuel prices reflects the reaction of stock exchanges to the growing demand of the Ukrainian market and the intense discussions inside the European Union about the plans to fully stop imports of Russian crude oil and derivatives by the end of this year.
Consequently, both the Brent quotations and the Platts quotations grew considerably last week, reaching a record high of 114 $/barrel of oil and of 1,194 $/tonne of gasoline.
At the beginning of last September, a liter of gasoline coded “95” cost 20.23 lei, while a liter of diesel fuel was sold for 16.42 lei.
- Igor Grosu: Ballots will be printed in language in which citizens will request
- Members of commission for pre-vetting candidates for PCCOCS head withdraw
- Veronica Dragalin: Elimination of corrupt people from justice system is a priority for 2023
- Non-domestic users to get natural gas subsidies
- Global agricultural production in 2022 lower than a year before