A 32-year-old man found guilty of molesting his minor stepdaughter was sentenced to 3 years in prison conditioned on 4 years’ probation and 100 hours of community service. Prosecutors intend to appeal the sentence as being “too mild”.
The Chisinau/Buiucani Court heard that, from April 2019 to July 2022, the man had regularly committed acts of child sex abuse against his stepdaughter, such as sexual touching, engaging in sexually explicit conversations and other sexual activities that caused the girl “mental suffering”.
Apart from the probation term and community work, the man was also ordered to pay the victim 100,000 lei in non-pecuniary damage.
- PSDE chairman: Union through infrastructure with Romania is short path of European integration
- Official exchange rate for date 08.02.2023
- Veronica Dragalin: Justice lasts because we must respect everyone’s rights
- As from March 1, Ukrainian refugees will enjoy greater support from authorities
- New arrests made in AIPA case