Deputy Prime Minister Nicu Popescu, Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Integration, had a meeting with the new Head of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, AmbassadorsKelly Keiderling. The officials discussed the current stage of the Transnistrian settlement process and the security situation in the region, IPN reports.
“I referred to the impact of the Russian Federation’s military aggression against Ukraine on the functioning of the 5+2 format of talks and of the dialogue between Chisinau and Tiraspol. I also called the attention of the Head of the OSCE Mission to the continuous worsening of the human rights situation in the Transnistrian region, asking that the OSCE and its Mission in Moldova should become involved more actively in this regard,” said Nicu Popescu, being quoted in a press release.
The official reiterated the Moldovan authorities’ position that the Transnistrian conflict should be solved peacefully, by political and diplomatic ways, by observing the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic of Moldova within its internationally recognized borders and by offering a special status to the Transnistrian region.
“At the end of our meeting, I wished success to Ambassador Kelly Keiderling in the exercise of her duties, assuring her of the full support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration,” noted Nicu Popescu.
- Pace at which Association Agreement is implemented enabled Moldova to receive candidate status, opinions
- Andrei Spînu: Causes of Termoelectrica accident are investigated with SIS support
- Official exchange rate for date 26.11.2022
- Censure motion against justice minister turned down
- Constantin Borosan: Electricity consumption fell by 15% on corresponding period last year