Three cases of the highly contagious Covid subvariant XBB.1.5, unofficially dubbed “Kraken”, have been confirmed for the first time in Moldova, the Public Health Agency ANSP announced.
The new subvariant was found in two Chisinau men and one Dubăsari woman.
The general public is urged to get Covid vaccines, which, according to the ANSP, is the only safe and efficient way to prevent serious forms of the disease and serious complications, including death. The population is also asked to follow the public health precautions and recommendations advised for the prevention and control of Covid.
- Two individuals kidnap and ill-treat man to get US$$200,000 from him
- GPS systems stolen from EU states sold in Moldova
- President Sandu has a new adviser
- Premier in Brussels: We will work hard to ensure progress in facilitation of trade
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers condolences over quake in Turkey and Syria