The Moldovan citizens who work legally in Spain will be able to receive a pension in Moldova and also in Spain. An agreement on social security that guarantees this benefit was signed in Madrid on July 21, President Maia Sandu informed through social media.
According to the official, the citizens of the Republic of Moldova who will meet the retirement conditions will get pensions from both of the states and the pensions will be proportional to the contributory period accumulated in each of the two states, in accordance with the legislation of Moldova and Spain. The agreement refers not only to old-age pensions, but also to the successor’s pensions and to pensions for disability caused by a work accident or an occupational disease, IPN reports.
“We will continue to make political and diplomatic efforts to sign agreements with all the states in which a large number of Moldovan citizens live,” wrote Maia Sandu.
According to the International Organization for Migration, about 1.16 million Moldovans were abroad as of the middle of 2020.
- Official exchange rate for date 08.02.2023
- Veronica Dragalin: Justice lasts because we must respect everyone’s rights
- As from March 1, Ukrainian refugees will enjoy greater support from authorities
- New arrests made in AIPA case
- Natalia Gavrilița in Brussels: Moldova is further confronted with hybrid war elements