The second meeting of the European Political Community will take place on 1 June in Chisinău, Moldova, President of the European Council Charles Michel announced on Twitter.
“The meeting will aim at fostering peace and defending Europe’s common interests. Together with President Maia Sandu looking forward to it,” Michel said on Twitter.
Earlier, Maia Sandu also announced on Twitter that invitations for the 2nd Summit of the European Political Community are out and that Chisinau will host 47 heads of states, governments, and EU institutions. Discussions are expected to focus on common efforts for peace in the context of the war in Ukraine and the connected crises, on defending democracy, and on boosting energy security and resilience of European states.
On 18 May 2022, Charles Michel called for a European geopolitical community, to which the Eastern Partnership countries and the Western Balkans were also invited. Its first meeting was held in Prague last October and focused on energy and security issues.
The European Political Community was created last year on the initiative of French President Emmanuel Macron.
- Over 220 managers from Moldova trained in Vaslui to attract European funds
- Igor Grosu: Ballots will be printed in language in which citizens will request
- Members of commission for pre-vetting candidates for PCCOCS head withdraw
- Veronica Dragalin: Elimination of corrupt people from justice system is a priority for 2023
- Non-domestic users to get natural gas subsidies