Germany will donate €40 million to the Republic of Moldova for providing energy subsidies. According to Minister of Labor and Social Protection Marcel Spatari, this assistance is conditional on the implementation of the Energy Vulnerability Reduction Fund and the targeted subsidization mechanism, IPN reports.
“In other words, if we hadn’t had the Law on the Energy Vulnerability Reduction Fund, the procedure for registering on compensatii.gov.md and the classification according to energy vulnerability, our state wouldn’t have benefitted from this money. In fact, each family that registered on compensatii.gov.md contributed to attracting this assistance,” stated the minister.
According to him, the grant provided by Germany is equal to almost 90% of the subsidies planned for November.
The cost of the governmental subsidization mechanism was estimated at about 5 billion lei for the coming cold period. According to the authorities, the sum is almost 2.5 times higher than the amount allocated for subsidies last year.
- Pace at which Association Agreement is implemented enabled Moldova to receive candidate status, opinions
- Andrei Spînu: Causes of Termoelectrica accident are investigated with SIS support
- Official exchange rate for date 26.11.2022
- Censure motion against justice minister turned down
- Constantin Borosan: Electricity consumption fell by 15% on corresponding period last year