Prime Minister Ion Chicu was diagnosed with COVID-19. The announcement was published on the Government’s Facebook page in the evening of December 8, IPN reports.
“Following symptoms typical of COVID-19, Prime Minister Ion Chicu did a test and this was positive. The Premier will continue to fulfill his duties remotely,” says the message.
On December 8, the new cases of COVID-19 numbered 1,709, with 22 persons losing the battle with the disease. Moldova so far has got over 119,200 infections. The death toll from COVID-19 stands at 2,400.
- Vaccines donated by Romania reached Chisinau, vaccination to start March 1
- Tax for serving apartment building: who sets it and how large can it be
- Maia Sandu: Lack of trust among producers delays coming of COVID-19 vaccines
- Maia Sandu: I do not see any sense in having consultations with parliamentary groups
- Humanitarian aid from Romania reaches Chisinau