A woman aged 80 from Dărcăuți village of Soroca district died in a fire in her house that started as a result of the incorrect use of the stove, IPN reports, quoting the General Inspectorate for Emergencies.
The woman was confined to bed. Two firefighting teams localized the fire, but this managed to destroy a room and 60% of the house’s roof. The firemen found the carbonized body of the woman on the bed.
The 1,680 fires that happened in Moldova so far this year resulted in 99 deaths.
The General Inspectorate for Emergencies announced that over 800 smoke detectors will be installed in 22 localities of Moldova. The devices were bought with support from the local authorities and will be set up in homes in the framework of the campaign “A Protected House, a Saved Life”.
- 2% of Moldova’s population vaccinated against COVID-19 by now
- Lawyer: MPs and inspectors acted abusively when they blocked activity of Micăuți Quarry
- Vaccination with second dose of Pfizer vaccine underway
- Peter Michalko about intention to take money from reserves: This is attack on NBM’s independence
- Official exchange rate for date 13.04.2021