A woman aged 80 from Dărcăuți village of Soroca district died in a fire in her house that started as a result of the incorrect use of the stove, IPN reports, quoting the General Inspectorate for Emergencies.
The woman was confined to bed. Two firefighting teams localized the fire, but this managed to destroy a room and 60% of the house’s roof. The firemen found the carbonized body of the woman on the bed.
The 1,680 fires that happened in Moldova so far this year resulted in 99 deaths.
The General Inspectorate for Emergencies announced that over 800 smoke detectors will be installed in 22 localities of Moldova. The devices were bought with support from the local authorities and will be set up in homes in the framework of the campaign “A Protected House, a Saved Life”.
- Delta remains dominant, but loses ground to Omicron
- Official exchange rate for date 07.01.2022
- Travel alert for Moldovans who intend to travel to Israel
- Maia Sandu gets booster dose: Next wave will reach Moldova too
- Over 230 persons died in road accidents this year