President-elect Maia Sandu renounced her party membership and the post of president of the Party of Action and Solidarity (PAS), the party announced, making reference to the legislation providing that the President cannot be a party member, IPN reports.
In accordance with the statutory provisions, the post of PAS president will be held by first vice president Igor Grosu on an interim basis, until the next congress of the party is held in 2021.
Maia Sandu won the presidential runoff of November 15, beating incumbent President Igor Dodon. The ceremony to install the new President was scheduled for December 24.
Maia Sandu had managed the Party of Action and Solidarity since this was founded in 2016.
- Vaccines donated by Romania reached Chisinau, vaccination to start March 1
- Tax for serving apartment building: who sets it and how large can it be
- Maia Sandu: Lack of trust among producers delays coming of COVID-19 vaccines
- Maia Sandu: I do not see any sense in having consultations with parliamentary groups
- Humanitarian aid from Romania reaches Chisinau