In Cahul and Cantemir districts, the movement of pigs from nonprofessional farms to slaughterhouses, slaughter points, animal fairs, as well as the placing on the market of incoming products and by-products were restricted after a case of African swine fever was confirmed in Zârnești, IPN reports.
“The wildlife reservoirs are inspected, quarantine measures are introduced in the hotbed and the infected area is established. At the same time, specialists check the movement of animals on the territory of the country, carry out the screening of domestic pigs and wild boar populations, disinfection and rat killing works,” said the National Food Safety Agency.
Swine fever is not dangerous to humans, but spreads quickly and is fatal to animals.
- Corruption is a direct threat to democracy and national security, PM
- Radu Marian: It’s possible that gas charge will decrease in spring or summer
- Official exchange rate for date 28.02.2024
- About 90% of respondents say that human rights in Moldova are systematically or occasionally violated
- CSP delays approval of Prosecutor General selection results