A woman aged 37 from Căușeni district, who suffered from hepatic cirrhosis and hepatorenal syndrome, lost the battle with COVID-19. Fifteen more persons succumbed to COVID-19 on January 5, IPN reports, with reference to the Ministry of Health.
The victims include a healthcare worker. Ion Duminică was 59 and worked as a trauma doctor at the Hâncești District Hospital. So far, 66 employees of the health system died after developing complications from COVID-19.
As many as 2,639 patients confirmed with COVID-19 are now in hospitals and 244 of them are in a very serious state. Fifty-one patients were put on a ventilator.
Moldova until now has got 147,000 infections with the novel coronavirus.
- Official exchange rate for date 22.01.2021
- Official exchange rate for date 21.01.2021
- Official exchange rate for date 13.01.2021
- Snowfalls expected on January 11
- Official exchange rate for date 09.01.2021