President Maia Sandu had a meeting with members of the Parliament of Japan in Tokyo, IPN reports, quoting the presidential press service. “I mentioned the excellent relationship we have with Japan, which is the third most important development partner of Moldova, with generous contributions in agriculture and the health system, in local infrastructure,” said the official.
“I told about our fight for democracy and the road to the European Union, about the efforts to reform the key areas and to build a state in which each citizen is respected.”
Maia Sandu also referred to the uncertainty caused in the region that includes Moldova by Russia’s war against Ukraine, underlining the biggest problems faced by Moldova as a result. “The energy efficiency and diversification projects will bring palpable results in time, but Moldova needs support now so as to slash its dependence on suppliers that use the energy sources as a weapon,” noted the official.
Maia Sandu also discussed regional security and the Moldova-Japan cooperation with the Speaker of the House of Representatives Hiroyuki Hosoda. “I expressed my conviction that despite all the crises, Moldova will manage to do reforms, to improve the business community and to become an attractive investment destination,” said the official.
- Anatol Șalaru: Moldova is target of massive hybrid attack staged by Russia
- Official exchange rate for date 30.01.2023
- Actual number of people living in Moldova calculated at 2.6 million
- Official exchange rate for date 28.01.2023
- Daniela Munca-Aftenev: Commemoration of victims of Holocaust is a human value that should be transmitted to future generations